Mouse pads are an essential accessory for your PC setup, especially if you’re playing on a surface that isn’t very suitable for a mouse. However, many people buy mouse pads for their specially-designed surfaces which provide highly precise mouse movement, usually superiour to what you’d get with glass or wooden surfaces.
Looking for the best mouse pads, or mouse mats (however you want to call them, really), can be quite a struggle if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Whether you’ll be using a mouse pad for gaming, or whether you need a mouse pad with a wrist rest, will all be decisive factors on how you will ultimately choose a mouse pad.
How to Choose a Mouse Pad?
Before we get started on finding the right mouse pad for you, we will need to go through a few key factors which you will need to consider and go through with yourself before making that ultimate purchase. Here are these key factors:
1: The Size of the Mouse Pad
One of the most important aspects of buying a mouse pad, besides the price of course, is the total size of the pad that you’ll ultimately be buying. Mouse pads come in a wide range of different sizes as many people use different sensitivities on their mice. For example, there are very large mouse pads which will be best suited for people who have their gaming mouse on a VERY low sensitivity, usually to help them aim in games such as FPS (First Person Shooters), where precision is key.
Furthermore, the size of your desk will be a deciding factor about the final size of your preferred mouse pad as well; you wouldn’t want it being too big for your small desk and hanging down from the sides, for example.
Before you get a moue pad for yourself, measure the size of your desk and what kind of games you play, AND your preferred mouse sensitivity first of all, as all 3 of these are significant aspects to choosing a mouse pad.
2: Do You Need Support?
Many PC users aren’t without any risks of health conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome from repetitive use of their wrist with a mouse and keyboard; in general, using a computer without taking any necessary precautions can be quite damaging to your body.
Because of this, many mouse pads have a special embankment-like design at the end to help you support your wrist on to make it not only easier for you to use the mouse, but to also aid in any health conditions you may have that affect your hand or wrist, such as carpal tunnel syndrome. These “embankments” are usually made of gel or memory foam, so they won’t shrink down over time after general use.
Before getting a mouse pad, you will need to ask yourself if you need an added wrist support alongside the large mat for your wrist or hand. You may be suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome or any other health condition that affects your hand or wrist, and a wrist support would help you greatly. The only downside to wrist supports is that they greatly affect the overall size of the mat, and will be far smaller in size than mats WITHOUT any wrist support embankments.
3: How Much Money Will You Spend?
And finally, and perhaps the most important aspect to go over with yourself when purchasing anything with your valuable money, is how much you are willing to pay out for your brand new mouse pad. How much is your budget going to be, and can you afford to pay out just a little bit extra for a larger sized pad?
Once you know the total amount of money you will possibly spend on a mouse pad, and are able to answer and understand the other 2 key points we’ve gone through, you will be all set on choosing the right mouse pad for yourself.
Now that we’ve done that, let’s get started on the big event!
1 – SteelSeries QcK
The first mouse pad on this list is going to be perhaps the most widely regarded and renowned series of mouse pads in the PC gaming industry. SteelSeries’ QcK line-up of mouse pads come in many different sizes, and their highly effective materials and positive reviews are just some of the reasons why you must have any of these mouse pads as a top consideration.
This one in particular is perfect for all-around PC gamers, with both the genres that they play, and their specific mouse settings. You will be able to use this pad efficiently if you use both a low and high sensitivity setting. I have one myself as a matter of fact, and while I’ll try and keep this whole “mini-review” as unbiased as possible, I can safely say that the size of this one hits all the sweet spots when it comes to PC gaming.
Here are some other things you might like about this mouse pad if you aren’t yet convinced:
- The QcK comes in all different sizes, from QcK Mini to QcK XXL. You will easily find the right mouse pad that suits both your needs and your desk size with their selection of pads.
- The pads are made with non-slip rubber base which prevents the mouse pads from moving about while you’re swiping your mouse across them.
- Furthermore, they are topped with a nearly friction-less surface too, which can be a much better surface for whatever mouse you use, from a laser mouse to an optical mouse. With any of these pads, you will be able to have precise and effective control of your mouse at all times.
- These are very affordable mouse pads, which makes them easily available to practically any PC gamer, or general PC user in the market; you will really appreciate how little money these mouse pads cost.
Sadly, this wonderful family of mouse pads aren’t without their cons:
- Like many mouse pads, these are also prone to having the surface gradually peel off from the base. This will depend on how much you use the pad, but I’ve been using it for about 3 months now, and haven’t had any problems with it yet…
Nevertheless, the QcK’s are great mouse pads that you must have for your PC gaming setup. Whether you play games or just use a computer for general internet browsing or document creating, these are almost flawless mouse pads that you will really appreciate. In fact, there are thousands of reviews on Amazon for these mouse pads, and 80% of them have given them 5 stars. If you want to see what other people have to say about these mouse pads, click below:
2 – Fellowes 9112101 Crystals Gel
The next mouse on this list is also going to be the first one with a wrist support “embankment” at the back as well. This one by Fellowes is made of transparent crystal gel, which will not only add colour to your work space or play area, but it will also be very comfortable and soothing to your wrists as well, especially if they are injured or suffering from pain or discomfort; this is a must have mouse pad if you need one with a wrist rest.
While an obvious disadvantage to having a wrist rest on the mouse pad is the fact that its size will be FAR smaller than a pad without a wrist rest, you will be able to easily wipe off any stain on the crystal gel rest with a damp cloth. This is just one of my favourite things about this mouse pad, and I’m think you’ll love it as well.
Here are some other things about this mouse pad that you may like:
- Comes in 5 different colours and theme; 3 are in the colours purple, black and blue. 1 is in a colourful smoke-like pattern and the other is in a lovely tropical beach theme. You will love the vibrant colours any of these pads come in.
- Transparent gel wrist rest adds colour and relaxation to your workplace or play area. It will help you to relax and sooth any mental or physical strain you may have on your wrists and mind.
- Wrist rest is strain resistant, and you will easily be able to remove any stuck on it with a damp cloth. This will make cleaning and keeping the mouse pad neat and tidy very simple.
- This mouse pad is very affordable, and it won’t cost you an arm and a leg to buy. You will appreciate the price of these pads.
And now, we move on to the drawbacks of this mouse pad:
- The wrist rest makes this mouse pad very small, and certainly not suitable for you if you like using your mouse at a very low setting.
- Like all mouse pads, the black surface may worn away over time by your mouse if you use this pad frequently.
In spite of these drawbacks, however, and we have here a wonderful mouse pad, and a must have if you’re looking for one with a wrist rest to support and soothe your strained wrist as well. In fact, there are over a thousand reviews for this pad on Amazon, and more than half are overwhelmingly positive. Click below to see what other people think about this mouse pad:
3 – TeckNet L G101
TeckNet are home to many affordable PC gaming peripherals and accessories in the industry, and this mouse pad by them is certainly one of these affordable items. With its rubber anti-slip base and made with durable and environmentally friendly materials, this is a quality mouse pad that you should consider for your PC setup, especially if you’re looking for an affordable one too.
If you’re worried about having mouse pads that peel away on you over time, you will be pleased to know that TeckNet’s Large G101 mouse pad has reinforced edges to prevent any peeling and other sorts of damage and deformation. This is one of my favourite things about this mouse pad, and I’m sure you will appreciate it as well.
Here are some other great things about this mouse pad:
- The rubber anti-slip base firmly grips on your desk, prevent it from slipping and sliding around while you swipe your mouse across it.
- Reinforced edges all around the mouse pad prevent any wear or tear and makes the pad very durable; it will last you a very long time.
- Has a flexible 2mm thickness which helps the pad to adapt to surfaces. You will be able to use it on all kinds of rough surfaces, such as wood and glass.
- The mouse pad is made with environmentally friendly and durable materials.
Unfortunately, this mouse pad isn’t without its drawbacks:
- Some people might not like the thick, reinforced edges on this mouse pad, and would prefer if the edges were bare.
- The smallest sized mouse pad is quite large. This may be too big for people who only want a tiny mouse pad, such as the size of the QcK Mini.
At any rate, these drawbacks don’t quite have a big effect on this amazing mouse pad as they purely go by personal preference. You will really appreciate what this range of affordable mouse pads will do for you. Plus, they’re a bestseller on Amazon too, so they must be well worth it…
In fact, there are hundreds and hundreds of reviews for them on Amazon, and almost all are overwhelmingly positive. If you want to see what other people have to say about this mouse pad, click below now:
4 – REALMAX® Mouse Pad
REALMAX has the next mouse pad with a wrist rest for this list. This one, also consisting of gel for keeping the wrist rest upheld, is also very affordable and a marvelous mouse pad for you if you’re on the market looking for one that will not only help to soothe any strain you may have on your wrist, but also won’t cost you an arm and a leg to buy either.
With a non-slip base and being available line-up of up to 3 colours – red, black and blue – this mouse pad is one that you must consider if you want one for your PC setup, either at work or in the comfort of your own home. While it DOES sacrifice size for the wrist rest, ultimately making it hopeless for gaming that requires low sensitivity, it MORE than makes up for it with its sheer affordability; you will really appreciate how little it costs.
Here are some other things you may like about this mouse pad:
- Comes in 3 colours; red, black and blue. NONE of these colours will cost you more money.
- The gel wrist rest will easily soothe your wrist and relieve any strain or tension you may have. It’s a very convenient mouse pad to use in the stressful environment of your typical workplace.
- Contains a non-slip base which will prevent the mouse pad from slipping and sliding around everywhere while you’re using your mouse on it.
- This is a VERY affordable mouse pad. Its low price is one of the reasons why it is a must have for you.
Now it’s time to move on to the cons of this mouse pad:
- The mouse pad is quite small, and not suitable if you generally use mice on a low sensitivity. If you like to play video games on a low sensitivity, you might want to check out some of the other mouse pads on this list.
- Doesn’t come in any other colour other than red, black or blue. If you’re looking for a yellow or green mouse pad, then I’m afraid you’re out of luck with this one… unless you’re able to paint it that colour in some way. 😉
Nevertheless, this is a great mouse pad to use if you want to soothe your wrist or need something to support it for any medical reasons. In fact, with its affordability and range of 3 colours, I’d say this is the perfect entry level mouse pad with a wrist support for you to see if it’s better for your wrist than a pad without one.
This mouse pad has hundreds of reviews on Amazon, with a majority of them rating it 5 stars. Click below if you want to find out what other people have said about it:
5 – Corsair Gaming MM300
Corsair are a well-known company in the PC community, primarily for their highly rated hardware and peripherals. This mouse pad of theirs, the MM300, is one that you must consider if you want a mouse pad made by a highly renowned company in the PC gaming industry, and one made up with low-friction material which will give you a lot of control of your mouse as well.
As well as TeckNet’s G101 mouse pad, this one also has reinforced edges that will prevent the surface of the mouse pad peeling away or suffering from any other wear and tear, making it extremely durable and practically future-proof. Stylized with the Corsair logo on a black and grey background, this is a very attractive looking mouse pad, and a great choice for you if you are tired of using basic black mouse pads and want something a little bit different.
Here are some other features of this mouse pad that you may like:
- Anti-slip rubber base prevents the mouse pad from slipping around on your desk while you’re swiping your mouse around it.
- Surface is designed to allow you to have pixel-perfect precision with its low friction materials. This is one of the reasons why this mouse pad is convenient for you.
- Reinforced edges prevent the mouse pad from getting damaged or the surface from peeling away at the edges like it usually does with other mouse pads.
- Mouse pad has a very stylish design on the surface that would fit very well with the colour of any PC setup.
And here are the cons to this mouse pad:
- Compared to some mouse pads on this list, this costs a little more money. If you’re on a tight budget, you may not have enough for this product.
- Some people may not like the design of the cover of the mouse pad and would prefer their mouse pad to have a basic colour all around.
In spite of these drawbacks, this is a great mouse pad that you must consider if you want one to help you control your mouse better in PC games. In fact, there are hundreds of reviews for this product on Amazon, and the majority of them are overwhelmingly positive. Click below if you want to see these reviews:
6 – TeckNet Gel Rest Mouse Pad
TeckNet makes a return on this list with their very own version of a mouse pad with a gel filled wrist rest section at the back of it. As well as the mouse pad with a wrist rest section from REALMAX, TeckNet’s equivalent is also a VERY affordable mouse pad, and a must have for you if you want to either test the waters of having a mouse pad with a wrist support, or want an easy way to put less strain and tension in your wrists while working or playing on a computer, either at home or at work.
Like all other mouse pads, this one has a rubber anti-slip base which grips it firmly to your desk to prevent it sliding around when you swipe your mouse around it. Unlike REALMAX’s mouse pad with wrist rest, however, this one has reinforced edges along the pad which prevent any peeling of the surface, or any other wear and tear from the edges of the pad. Being as affordable as REALMAX’s counterpart, this is a very convenient feature of this pad for you, and one of the reasons why you must have it as a consideration.
Here are some things about this mouse pad that you may appreciate:
- Mouse pad is shaped to be used effectively by both left and right-handed users. There won’t be any restrictions to who can and can’t use it with their mouse.
- Surface is made with silk cloth which will give you smooth control with your mouse. Your accuracy will be far better when you use this mouse pad rather than on a typical desk made of wood or glass.
- This is a very affordable mouse pad. It won’t cost you much money to get, and no matter how tight your budget is, you shouldn’t have any problems affording it; this mouse pad is very convenient for you, whether you want to use it at home or at work.
- Reinforced edges prevent mouse pad from peeling off from the sides or from suffering any other kind of damage. This will make the mouse pad durable and will help to make it last you for much longer than pads without reinforced edges.
And now we move on to the drawbacks of this mouse pad:
- Many people are saying that the gel wrist rest isn’t as soft as other wrist rests from other mouse pads.
- The mouse pad may be too small for people who like large mouse pads.
In the end, however, this is a wonderful mouse pad with a wrist rest, and absolutely worth your attention if you’re looking for an affordable mouse pad to help with any wrist or hand strain you may have encountered while using a computer. If you want to see what other people have to say about this mouse pad, click below to read the hundreds of positive Amazon reviews it has:
7 – Razer Firefly
The Razer Firefly is DEFINATELY what you would call an expensive mouse pad; by far the most costly pad on this list, and quite possibly even the entire market, this mouse pad is one you must consider if you want a mouse pad that is VERY colourful. Furthermore, you will be able to customize it to shine out any colour you want using Razer’s own Synapse software, AND sync up its colour options with any other Razer peripheral you may have as well.
One of my favourite things about this mouse pad, besides the incredible amount of colour customization it can have, is the precise and consistent surface which can accommodate and provide the same level of accuracy and precision for mice of ANY sensitivity and sensors. Using a hard, micro textured finish, this feature makes this mouse pad very convenient for you as you will has the same amount of precision no matter WHAT mouse you use with it.
Here are some other features that you may like:
- Non-slip rubber base to prevent the pad from sliding around on your desk while you’re using it. This will save you the hassle of leveling the pad out after you caused it to slip by swiping your mouse across it too hard.
- Has Razer Chroma colour customization. You will be able to make this mouse pad shine out all sorts of different colours. This makes this mouse pad an excellent choice if you have a specifically coloured PC setup and want all peripherals to match that colour, including your mouse pad.
- Has a gold-plated USB connector to connect the mouse pad to your computer to enable the colourful light show.
- Hard, micro textured surface can allow any mouse with any sensitivity and sensor to have good precision and accuracy. This is another reason why this mouse pad is so convenient for you.
And now it’s time we move on to the tragic drawbacks of this product:
- This is a VERY expensive mouse pad. Don’t bother spending extra money on this one if you only want a basic mouse pad.
Nevertheless, this is an awesome mouse pad, and one you should consider if you want your PC setup to be a little bit more colourful and attractive. But don’t just take my word for it; there are more than a hundred reviews for this mouse pad on Amazon, and the majority of them are overwhelmingly positive. Click below if you want to see what other people think of this mouse pad:
8 – VicTsing Mouse Pad
VicTsing’s mouse pad is an Amazon bestseller, so this one must be pretty decent, right? With a very affordable price, and durable stitched edges to reinforce and protect the edges of the pad from any wear and tear, this is a mouse pad that you must consider if you’re on the market looking for one to help you aim your mouse better, or if you’re using a mouse and keyboard on a surface which is not so friendly on a mouse.
Like all the other mouse pads on this list, this one also has the trusty and useful anti-slip rubber base at the bottom to prevent it from slipping and sliding around on your desk while in use. Furthermore, the mouse pad can be washable with its easy to wash design and materials; you will be able to easily throw this pad inside your washing machine to wash off any stains made from food or liquid. This is one of the reasons why this is so convenient for you, and a mouse pad you should seriously consider.
Here are some other things you may like about this mouse pad:
- Made with an ultra smooth surface to give you accurate and precise mouse control. With this mouse pad, you will be able to aim much easier in games than without using a pad.
- Comes in an ideal size for gaming and general computer use. You will appreciate how big this mouse pad is, whether you use your computer for gaming or surfing the web.
- Easy to clean, and the mouse pad will not fade away in colour or quality with washes either. You will be relieved to know that washing this pad after spilling liquid or food on it won’t damage it in any way.
- Durable stitched edges reinforce the mouse pad and prevent the surface from peeling away from the sides. Plus, it will prevent any other wear and tear from the edges as well, and this is just one of the reasons why this is a must have product for you.
Unfortunately, even this mouse pad has a few drawbacks we need to go through:
- The pad only comes in 1 size, so you won’t be able to choose larger or smaller if the single size isn’t up to your liking.
- The stitched edges may tickle your hands and wrist, and may even become a distraction while you’re holding your mouse. Depending on your mouse grip, this may be an inconvenience.
In spite of these drawbacks, however, we have here a wonderful mouse pad that should be one of your top considerations. With a very affordable price, and super reinforced edges to prevent any peeling or other damage at the sides of the pad, this is a mouse pad that you must consider for your PC setup. But don’t just listen to me and take my word for it; there are more than a hundred reviews on Amazon, with more than 80% of them rating this pad 5 stars. Click below to see what people think of this best-selling mouse pad:
9 – Cooler Master Swift-RX
Cooler Master has the next mouse pad on this list with stitched edges to reinforce the sides and prevent the pad from peeling away or getting damaged in some other way. While not as affordable as VicTsing’s stitched-edge mouse pad, this mouse pad DOES offer you a choice to have a selection of 4 sizes; small, medium, large and extra large, and this is a big reason as to why this may be a better choice for you than VicTsing’s mouse pad.
This mouse pad has microscopic mesh which will grant you a surface that gives you an incredible amount of control and precision of your mouse, whether it has a laser or optical sensor. With this mouse pad, you will be able to aim better in video games on your computer, and this is just one of the reasons why this mouse pad is so convenient for you.
Here are some things about this mouse pad that you may love:
- Has a smooth, low friction synthetic fiber surface which will make it comfortable for you to rest your hand on while you have a hold of your mouse. You won’t feel any painful or uncomfortable friction while you’re moving your mouse around the pad.
- Non-slip rubber base prevents the mouse pad from slipping around on your desk while in use. This saves you the hassle of having to adjust the pad every time you swipe your mouse on it.
- Has stitched, reinforced edges to prevent any wear or tear at the sides of the pad. This mouse pad is very durable and will last you a long time, making it a very convenient purchase for you.
- Comes in 4 sizes, so you’ll have more freedom in choosing whatever size you want your preferred mouse pad to be.
Sadly, even this mouse pad has a con or two:
- The stitched edges may have a lump large enough to produce discomfort on your wrist.
In spite of that, this is a quality mouse pad that you will appreciate. In fact, there are around 30 reviews on Amazon for this pad, and a majority of them are 5 star ratings. Click below if you want to see what other people have to say about this mouse pad:
10 – Allsop Foam Rest Mouse Pad
The final mouse pad on this list, and one with another wrist rest for your comfort and health, is going to be Allsop’s mouse pad. One of the main things that separates this mouse pad from the rest is that the wrist rest is made with memory foam rather than gel. If you don’t like the gel-filled wrist rests of other mouse pads, and would prefer something a little bit different, then this mouse pad should be your number one choice.
Furthermore, this mouse pad is designed specially so that it can be used with right or left-handed people, which adds a lot of convenience for this mouse pad, and is very suitable for a wide range of people. You’ll really appreciate what this mouse pad will do for your comfort and efficiency, whether you’ll use it in the comfort of your own home or at work.
Here are some things about this mouse pad that you may like:
- This mouse pad is pretty affordable. If you’re on a tight budget, you should have no problem finding the funds to purchase this product.
- With a memory foam-filled wrist rest, you will be able to support your wrist while moving a mouse around on the pad. This is great if you suffer from wrist strain easily and need a soft and comfortable support to prevent any strain from happening so frequently.
- Mouse pad is designed to be used by both right and left-handed users. No matter what hand you use your mouse with, you should have no trouble using it on this pad.
- Mouse pad has an anti-slip rubber base which prevents the mouse pad from slipping and sliding around on your desk while you’re using a mouse on it. This prevents the hassle from adjusting it every time you move a mouse around it.
Unfortunately, even this mouse pad as a drawback or two:
- The mouse pad may not be big enough for people who use a low sensitivity with their mice. If you use a low sensitivity, you may be better off with a larger mouse pad from this list.
Having said that, this is a brilliant mouse pad if you want to support your wrist while using a mouse. Click below to see the many reviews on Amazon and find out what other people think of this mouse pad:
And that was the final mouse pad for this list! Thank you so much for reading, and if you have anything to say, be it a question or a mouse pad of your own that I have missed that you think would benefit a lot of people, don’t be afraid of letting your voice out in the comment section down below.
Again, thank you so much for reading, and I wish you all the best!