When we play video games, either on our gaming computer or on a console, we find it more comfortable to sit down on a chair rather than stand up in front of the screen. This need for comfort is why it’s so crucial that we find the best gaming chairs in the market for us to sit our big bottoms onto; whether we need one for adults or kids, we all need the right gaming chair when playing video games…
In order to help ourselves find the right chair however, we’ll need to understand a few things first before we find the right gaming chair that hits all those sweet spots. These few things will help us in our market search, AMD to get us to understand what it is we actually need in our gaming chairs too.
How to Choose a Gaming Chair?
Gaming chairs are crucial for our gaming performance and comfort. If the chair is uncomfortable or too unbalanced in such a way, it could be distracting and put us off from our gaming. Our performance during competitive matches may be affected, and this is the last thing we need as we won’t get the satisfaction of winning an intense round on a particularly competitive game, such as Overwatch.
Here are some things you will need to consider to help you buy a gaming chair:
1: How Big Do You Need the Chair to Be?
One of the biggest things you’ll need to consider is ultimately how big do you need your new gaming chair to be? Are you an adult who naturally needs an adult-sized chair? Or, perhaps you’re buying a gaming chair for your child and will need a smaller sized chair for them?
Knowing what size you want your new gaming chair to be will greatly help you in your endeavour to searching for the right gaming chair for yourself or for your child.
2: How Much Space Do You Have?
So, you know what kind of size of the gaming chair you will need to get, but how much space is there in your or your child’s play area? If you get a gaming chair that may be too large for that area, it will be pretty awkward when you find out too late and are forced to get a refund and buy a smaller chair.
Before you buy a chair, you may need to measure your play area the chair will be going into first of all to prevent this embarrassing and very inconvenient situation from happening.
3: What is Your Budget?
And finally, you’ll need to consider how much money you’re willing to pay out for a gaming chair of your choice. If you’re on a tight budget for example, you will obviously need to search for gaming chairs suitable for budget buyers.
Once you have can answer these questions confidently and have an understanding of what kind of gaming chair you need, you’re all set on buying the right gaming chair either for yourself or for your child.
So now, without further ado, let’s move on to the main event!
1 – Cherry Tree Furniture Gaming Chair
We start off this list with an affordable gaming chair by Cherry Tree Furniture. While these guys aren’t really well-known in the video game accessories industry, they DO however have quite a lot of office and gaming chairs in their arsenal. This chair of theirs in particular is one that you should consider if you are looking for an affordable gaming chair for your PC or video game console.
With its high quality leather and soft thick padding, you will feel very comfortable sitting down on this gaming chair. Furthermore, its affordability is one of the things which makes this chair a must have for you. It does everything a gaming chair is supposed to do, and it has a range of 4 colours for you to choose from.
Here are some other things I think you will love about this chair:
- Very affordable. You don’t need to have a lot of money to afford this chair unlike other gaming chairs on the market.
- The chair’s gas castors can hold up to 120kg of weight, meaning that a wide range of people can sit in this chair without it, ahem… breaking.
- Supported by strong coated nylon star base. The chair is very durable and won’t break on you easily.
- Perfect for college students who are in desperate need of a proper gaming chair for their computer, but don’t have enough funds for any of the premium ones.
Sadly, this chair has a few drawbacks:
- The chair doesn’t recline, which may be an inconvenience for some.
Nevertheless, this is a brilliant budget gaming chair, and absolutely worth your consideration in you’re in the market looking for such a chair. In fact, there are hundreds of reviews on Amazon for this chair, and the majority of them are overwhelmingly positive. Click below to see what they have to say about it:
2 – GT OMEGA PRO Racing Chair
GT Omega Racing’s Pro Gaming Chair is a chair that actually DOES recline when compared with Cherry Tree Furnitue’s counterpart; from 85 to 160 degrees in fact. While not as affordable as the first chair, this is one you must consider if you’re looking for a great gaming chair which contains a comfy lumbar cushion and headrest pillow. These are removable as well, so if you feel as though they’re getting in the way, you can easily remove them for your convenience.
The armrests can be easily rotated and have their height adjusted, conveniently giving you a lot of room for control of this chair for your own personal preference; this is just one of my favourite things about this chair.
Here are some other things about this chair that I like and I think you will appreciate too:
- 85-160 degree angle adjuster to make it easy for you to tilt this chair however far backwards you’d like. If you really wanted to, you could take a quick power nap in this chair after a REALLY intense match or race. 😉
- Has a headrest pillow and lumbar cushion to make this chair extra comfortable and supportive for your back and neck. If they get in the way or are too inconvenient for you, you can easily remove them for your convenience.
- With a black synthetic leather, this chair is design with sleekness and smoothness in mind. You will appreciate how smooth and nice this chair looks.
- Has a durable and very supportive aluminum star base to keep this chair stable for you. Plus, its durability will ensure that this chair won’t break on you after a short while.
And now, we move on to the drawbacks of this chair:
- This is a pretty expensive chair. If you’re on a tight budget, this may not be the right one for you.
No matter how expensive this chair is however, it is still a marvelous gaming chair and definitely worth your consideration if you’re looking for a comfortable gaming chair for your gaming needs. There are many reviews for this chair on Amazon, with around 80% of them being 5 star reviews. Click below to see them and find out what people think of this chair:
3 – JL Comfurni Gaming Chair
If you like the idea of having a gaming chair with a headrest pillow for extra comfort and support, but are on a budget of under £100, then this gaming chair by JL Comfurni should be your number 1 choice! With its affordability compared to many other gaming chairs on the market, and its materials consisting of soft leather padded seat to give you a very comfortable seating, this gaming chair is one that you must seriously consider, whether it’s for yourself or for your child.
One of my favourite things about this chair is how stable and durable the base is. The chair won’t suddenly break apart while you’re sitting on it, and the stability will further add to the comfortableness as well; you’ll really appreciate how stable and comfortable the chair is.
Here are some other things you may like about this chair:
- Chair is available in a choice of 3 colours; black, red and black, and blue and black.
- Comes with a detailed instructions manual to make it easy for you to assemble the chair.
- Recommended max user rate is 150kg, which is a much heavier load than the previous chairs can carry.
- Headrest pillow can be easily removed, so you won’t have to put up with it permanently if it gets in the way, or you are too short to use it effectively.
And here are the cons to this chair:
- Doesn’t come with a lumbar cushion. You will need to look at other chairs that contain a lumbar cushion if you require one.
- This chair cannot recline, so you won’t be able to take a nap comfortably with this chair, which is a shame really seeing as it has a pillow perfect for it… 😉
- You will have to spend a little bit more money if you want this chair in any of the other 2 colours.
Apart from these few drawbacks, this is a marvelous gaming chair, and absolutely worth your consideration if you need an affordable one with a headrest pillow. Click below to see the 80+ Amazon reviews for this chair, with more than 60% of them being 5 stars:
4 – Vertagear Racing Series SL2000 Gaming Chair
Here’s another gaming chair with a headrest pillow and lumbar cushion to give you extra comfort alongside its sleek and high quality leather. The Racing Series SL2000 Gaming Chair by Vertagear is one that you must consider if you are looking for a competent gaming chair packed with all sorts of handy and necessary features that makes a gaming chair a perfect addition to your setup.
One of these features that I really love is the high density foam the chair is designed with alongside the sleek and smooth leather. The foam will make sure the heat from your body won’t be trapped inside the chair with its open-cell breathing structure. Because of this, your chair won’t be warm after you or somebody else has used it for a long time; many people, including myself, hate when this happens, so this foam will be very convenient for you.
Here are some other features this gaming chair has:
- Adjustable chair height to make it easy for you to sit down and get up from no matter how tall you are. Can also allow you to line it up to your desk as well.
- Chair can recline up to 170 degrees, so you will easily be able to take a nap with this chair after an intense game session. Coupled with the headrest pillow and lumbar cushion, you will feel very comfortable laying in this chair.
- With its durable high quality and sleek leather, and open-cell breathing foam, this chair will not only feel comfortable and durable to you, but will also not be sweaty hot after you’ve been sitting on it for hours on end.
- Headrest pillow and lumbar cushion are removable, so if they get in the way you can easily remove them.
And now, we move on to the drawbacks of this chair:
- This chair is very expensive. If you’re on a budget, you may want to look at the 2 chairs by Cherry Tree Furniture and JL Comfurni.
Nevertheless, this is a wonderful gaming chair, and defiantly worth your consideration if you are looking for one with a headrest pillow and lumbar cushion. There are about a hundred reviews for this chair on Amazon, and more than half have given this 5 stars. Click below to see what people have to say about it:
5 – Ficmax Gaming Chair
Here’s a more affordable gaming chair with a headrest pillow and lumbar cushion compared to the previous one. This gaming chair by Ficmax can recline from 90 degrees to a whopping 180 degrees with its back completely flat across from the bottom. This, coupled with the chair’s adjustable footstool at the front and cosy headrest pillow, makes this chair perfect for having a quick nap on while listening to relaxing music or a sound generator (I highly recommend generators like A Soft Murmur or myNoise if you like sleeping to the sound of rain, for example). 😉
This alone makes this gaming chair a must have for you, and one that you should seriously consider if you’re in the market for a new gaming chair that is extremely comfortable and packed with loads of features. One of these features which I really like is the chair’s adjustable footstool. This has many uses, from allowing you to recline in a relaxing position if you want to take a quick nap, to giving your legs an easier time on the chair.
For example, you may have injured them in some way, either by twisting or in the worst case, breaking them. The footstool can help you to relax your leg on and not apply any pressure or strain on them in any way. This is one of the reasons why this chair is so convenient for you.
Here are some other things about this chair that you might like:
- Comes in 6 different colours and patterns. You won’t have to pay extra for any of them either; all come at the exact same price.
- Integrated metal frame and heavy-duty base makes this chair very stable and durable for you. You won’t have to worry about it breaking on you suddenly (as long as you’re not over its max capacity weight of 135kg, of course).
- Has easy to follow instructions to make assembling this chair as hassle-free as possible.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty on the metal frame and 12 months on everything else, giving you a lot of room for returns or replacements if you don’t like the chair, or if something goes wrong.
And now, we move on to the unfortunate drawbacks of this chair:
- The price of this chair is still quite expensive. If you’re on a tight budget, you may want to look at the cheaper chairs on this list.
- The chair doesn’t come in any colour other than red, blue, or white. If you’re looking for a YELLOW chair, for example, you won’t find it here, unfortunately.
In spite of these drawbacks, however, this is a brilliant gaming chair, and one that you must consider if you’re looking for one. Even though it has only 40+ reviews on Amazon, the majority are 4-5 stars. Click below to see what other people think about it:
6 – noblechairs EPIC Gaming Chair
noblechairs, a company with a grammatically incorrect name (in my eyes, anyway; I believe all company names should be capitalized, but never mind), is quite a renowned gaming chair organization in the industry with their award-winning comfortability and luxury. This EPIC gaming chair of theirs, made with soft and thick PU leather, is one that you must consider if you’re looking for a gaming chair made for comfort with luxurious materials.
With a headrest pillow and lumbar cushion supplied with it, this chair will give you a VERY comfortable experience while you’re playing your games either on your PC or console. While its angle of recline only goes so far back as 135 degrees when compared with Ficmax’s gaming chair which does a whopping 180 degrees straight back, its maximum capacity weight of 180kg and 2 year UK warranty are just some of the things that you will really appreciate about this gaming chair.
Here are some other things that you may like about this chair:
- Armrests are adjustable, giving you a lot of customisabilitiy with this chair.
- Designed with a solid steel frame to make the chair stable and durable for you. You won’t have it breaking on you easily.
- Furthermore, with a 2 year UK warranty, even if it DOES break by some miracle, you can easily get another one.
- Contains both a headrest pillow and a lumbar cushion to give you extra comfort and body support.
And now, on to the drawbacks:
- This is a very pricey chair; you may need to check elsewhere if you don’t have the right funds for this one.
- The smaller angle of recline at 135 degrees won’t allow you to easily sleep in this chair compared to the previous one by Ficmax.
Nevertheless, this is a very well-made gaming chair, and one that you will appreciate if you have the right funds for it. Although this chair only have 16 Amazon reviews, an overwhelming majority have rated this chair 5 stars. Click below to see what they have to say about it:
7 – Robas Lund DX Racer 1 Gaming Chair
DX Racer have designed some of the most highly regarded gaming chairs in the industry, and this one from Robas Lund is no exception. Made with polyester instead of leather like the previous gaming chairs on this list, this is a chair you must consider if you’re looking for a comfortable and durable gaming chair made by a highly renowned company in the industry.
If the fact that this product is the best-selling gaming chair in Germany wasn’t enough to convince you that this is a serious contender in the gaming chair line-up, perhaps its included headrest pillow and lumbar cushion – which will give you an extra sense of comfort – may convince you otherwise; you’ll really appreciate what this chair will do for you.
Here are some other things about this chair that may convince you:
- You’ll have a wide range of customisability with this chair with its adjustable height, armrests, 135 degree back angle and even an adjustable tilt angle as well.
- Removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion to allow you to easily take them off if they get in the way, or if they aren’t required for a specific time.
- Instructions provided for make it easy for you to assemble this chair.
- Be confident knowing you’re sitting in the best-selling chair in Germany.
And here are the drawbacks:
- The maximum load capacity is only 100kg, so if you’re a little over that weight (ahem, sorry), then you may be better off finding another gaming chair that can handle more weight. noblechair’s EPIC gaming chair can handle a whopping 180kg weight capacity… that may be your best bet.
- This is a pretty expensive chair, and certainly not suitable for people who are on a tight budget.
Looking past these drawbacks, however, and we get an awesome gaming chair that you defiantly need as one of your top considerations. While there are only 11 reviews on Amazon for this chair, the overwhelming majority of them are 5 stars. If you want to see what other people have to say about this chair, then click below:
8 – Corsair T1 Race Gaming Chair
Corsair are perhaps best known in the PC gaming industry for their highly efficient computer hardware such as power supply units (PSUs), and RAM cards (Random Access Memory); this gaming chair of theirs, the T1 Race, is one that you really must consider. One of the reasons why you should is because of the solid steel frame this chair is built around. This will ensure that it will be very stable and durable for you; this chair will last a very long time for you, and you will really appreciate what its stability and durability will do for you.
The chair is yet another one on this list that has adjustable armrests with 4D movement; you will be able to adjust them vertically, horizontally, front-to-back and their angle as well. Furthermore, the headrest pillow and lumbar cushion are wrapped in PU leather, giving you a lot of comfortability.
Here are some other pros of this chair:
- Comes in a range of 4 different colours.
- Chair has heavy-duty nylon caster wheels, giving you a lot of support and durability.
- Chair is also built with a solid steel frame for even more durability and support.
- PU leather headrest pillow and lumbar cushion will give you an extra level of comfort when using this chair.
And now we move on to the cons of this chair:
- This is a pretty pricey chair, so if you’re on a tight budget you may want to check out a more cheaper gaming chair, such as Cherry Tree Furniture’s gaming chair.
- Furthermore, 2 of the colour designs you can get this chair in cost more than the other two.
Nevertheless, this is a great gaming chair, and absolutely one that you should have as a top consideration. In fact, there are 6 reviews on Amazon for this chair, and almost all of them are overwhelmingly positive. Click below to see what other people have to say about this chair:
9 – BraZen Shadow Pro Gaming Chair
While BraZen aren’t as well-known in the gaming industry as some of the other names on this list, their Shadow Pro Gaming Chair is one accessory that you should highly consider getting for your gaming setup. With a tilting mechanism and a removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion, this is a gaming chair that you will really appreciate; it’s also one of the more affordable gaming chairs on this list too.
The height of this chair makes it obvious that it’s more oriented around adult gamers rather than kids, however that doesn’t mean that a child can’t use this chair; it’s just more suitable for a full-blown adult.
Here are some things about this chair that you may like:
- Contains a headrest pillow and lumbar cushion for maximum comfort. You will feel very comfortable and be in a natural position with this chair. They’re removable too, so you can easily get rid of them if you don’t like them much.
- Chair can recline backwards up to 135 degrees, and has adjustable armrests, giving you a lot of ways to adjust this chair to whatever suits your needs.
- Made with sleek and durable PU leather and foam padding, this chair will be very comfortable for you. Plus, the breathable mesh and foam padding will not only further add to the comfortability, but will also prevent yourself or somebody else heating up the chair after sitting on it for a long time.
- Made with a durable nylon base and castors, this chair will be very durable for you. Plus, it will last quite a long time for you as well.
And now we move on to the drawbacks of this gaming chair:
- Doesn’t come in any colour other than black and white on the Amazon page.
- It only reclines to 135 degrees. If you want a chair that reclines all the way back, check out Ficmax’s gaming chair.
In spite of these cons, however, this is a wonderful gaming chair for an adult, and one that you must consider if you’re in the market looking for a good gaming chair for your gaming setup. While there aren’t a lot of reviews for this chair on Amazon, most of them have given this 5 stars. If you want to see what the reviewers think of this chair, then click below now:
10 – Nitro Concepts C80 Gaming Chair
The final gaming chair on this list is going to be the C80 Gaming Chair by Nitro Concepts. Made with high quality PU leather and with a price tag much friendlier on your wallet than a lot of the other gaming chairs on this list, this is a gaming chair that you should place high in your list of considerations for your next chair for your gaming setup.
Some of the characteristics of this gaming chair include a very sturdy and stable solid steel frame and a maximum weight capacity of 120kg. Furthermore, five-star base is made with black nylon, adding even more durability and stability to this chair that you will really appreciate.
Here are some more things about this chair that you might like:
- Has cushioned backrest and armrests to make this chair very comfortable for you.
- Chair is able to hold a max weight of 120kg.
- Chair can tilt backwards up to 15 degrees, which still maintaining the angle between the seat area and backrest.
- Comes in a wide range of colours along with the main black design, from red and blue, to green and orange.
And now we move on to the downfalls of this chair:
- The chair can’t recline, so you won’t be able to lay back in it. If you want a chair that can give you the sense of laying down on it, check out the Ficmax gaming chair.
- Wanting the chair in the other colours will cost you a little extra money than with the all-black design.
In spite of these cons, however, this is a gaming chair that you must have as a consideration. Click below to see some of the positive reviews left behind by people on Amazon:
And that marks the end of this list of gaming chairs! Thank so ever so much for reading, and if you have any questions don’t be afraid of asking them down in the comment section below.
Once again, thanks ever so much for checking my list out, and I wish you a very good day. 🙂