Looking for the best speakers for your computer can be very difficult if you don’t know what you want to get. Do you want studio-quality sound giving you the BEST sound you can possibly get? Or, are you on a tight budget and only want something to make up for the lack of speakers on your monitor, or to replace the TERRIBLE sound on your monitors speakers?
In the end, sound is one of the most important things a computer can have. It can allow us to fundamentally listen to any music or watch any videos of our choice, but more importantly for gamers, it can allow us to immerse ourselves inside the environment, or to help us pinpoint where exactly in the general vicinity enemies are to allow us to set ourselves up for an easy kill.
If you thought JUST the screen and method of controlling the computer was important, then you were sorely mistaken; sound is JUST as important as the both of those to a computer. But how do you know which speaker is the right one for yourself?
How to Choose Speakers for Your PC?
Before we get started with the main event, however, AND to answer that previous question, I will first be going through some key points in which you will have to have a quick think about if you want a speaker or two for your PC.
Purchasing a speaker, headphone or headset is VERY important for you as you are essentially buying the SOUND you will use for your computer, so it is EXTREMELY important you know exactly what you are getting…
1: What Will You Use Your PC For?
This first question is perhaps the most important, mainly because a LOT of PC peripheral purchases HIGHLY depend on what you do with your computer.
Are you a hardcore PC gamer on the search for a speaker capable of bringing out the clearest and most detailed sound to give you the upper hand against your foes? Or, maybe you’re just a casual user who only uses a computer as a hobby or pastime and simply surfs the internet, and you’d be perfectly fine with the most budgeted of speakers?
The sooner you understand what you use your computer for, the easier it will be for you to make a purchase of a specific speaker or any other peripheral for your PC.
2: Do You Use Speakers Instead of Headphones or Headsets?
Another good question to ask yourself before making this decision; do you use speakers for your computer’s sound in general, or have you done so in the past, instead of opting for alternatives to use?
This may seem like a silly question, but if you aren’t at all used to using speakers, then are you really making a wise decision by looking to purchase some? Perhaps you’re just wondering if speakers are a better source of sound than headphones?
If that is the case, you would probably be better off in looking for more budget-oriented speakers to make sure that you don’t spend too much money on something which you find out later that you don’t prefer that way. Of course, you can EASILY refund things these days, however you never know if you’d be stuck with them or not…
3: How Much Money Are You Willing to Spend?
The final thing to consider before looking to buy a pair or maybe a dozen speakers is how much cash are you willing to throw into the pile to obtain them. Are you doing bad money wise and want to look for something that’s under, say, £20 or less?
Or, maybe you are filthy rich and only want the best of the best and most expensive speakers on the market to blast out music and sound at studio-level quality?
The choice is ENTIRELY down to you, but you must be extra sure you know what your budget is and how much cash inside your wallet you are willing to give out for them.
Once you have a clear understanding on these topics, you are now ready to look into some speakers, and make a purchase if you like what you are seeing and hearing.
Right! With all that out of the way, let’s get down to business! I will be doing it so that the budget speakers are at the beginning, and we will work out way down to the more pricey, but better quality ones.
Here we go!
1 – Trust Mila 2.0 Speakers
Starting this list off with by far one of the cheapest sets of speakers on the market today, Trust’s Mila 2.0 computer speakers are perfect for the most budgeted of computer setups, and a set I highly recommend you consider if you are a little on the low end money-wise.
One thing I really love about these little speakers, alongside the ridiculously cheap price, is how easy and straightforward they are to connect into your computer and work. It’s quite literally just a simple plug-in-and-play into your PC with the speakers’ accompanying USB cable, and the main power plug into a socket, and your computer will be ready to have sound.
This makes these speakers superb if you really don’t want any hassle with your sound and just want to get right in as quickly as possible.
Here are some other things about these speakers that you may love:
- Easy to use volume adjuster to make changing volume quick and easy. Great if you want a super quick and straightforward way to turn down the sound if an INCREDABILY loud song starts playing.
- Big power button makes turning speakers on and off really easy and quick. These speakers are ideal for you if you don’t want to spend too much time fiddling about with your sound.
- Main speaker has a headphone jack at the front, so you will be able to plug in a pair of headphones or ear buds into these speakers and use those instead. Could be a great alternative if there is a problem with the speakers, OR you just decide you want to use headphones / buds instead.
- The speakers’ compact size make them ideal for using with your laptop as well as your desktop.
Of course, there ARE drawbacks to these speakers that you should probably know about:
- Don’t expect these speakers to have studio-quality sound. They ARE budget speakers and the sound may not be as crystal clear or as high quality as more pricey ones.
- Though they are quite small in size, they are still quite bulky, so using them with your laptop may prove tricky if you aren’t using the laptop on a desk of some kind.
All in all, these are very good budget speakers, and very much worth a consideration if you only want a way to project sound from your computer. But don’t just take my word for it, these speakers have some very positive reviews on Amazon. Click below to see what other people have to say:
2 – Logitech Z120 Speakers
The 2nd pair of highly budget-based speakers on this list are going to be the Z120 speakers by Logitech. Just like Trust’s Mila 2.0 speakers, these are another pair of speakers which are perfect for users who are on a tight budget and only want the cheapest methods to listen to sound from their computers, and a pair you should consider if you are one of these people.
Their incredible size is one of my favourite things about these speakers; they are PERFECT for your laptop and are certainly the smallest speakers on this list. If you have a laptop and are on the market for something to make better quality sound than your laptop speakers, these speakers are peripherals I highly believe you should consider.
Here are some other things you may love about these speakers:
- Right speaker has a volume adjuster at the front to allow you to quickly change the volume of your sound with ease.
- Right side speaker ALSO has a power button to make turning the speakers on and off very straightforward and easily as well.
- Their compact size makes these speakers PERFECT if you are using a laptop, either on a desk or on your bed; their size will allow you to place them anywhere.
- Their small size will also allow you to take these speakers with you wherever you go with ease. These are a great pair of portable speakers.
Of course, even the smallest of speakers on this list aren’t safe from drawbacks:
- No headphone jack on the speakers, so you will be unable to use any earbuds or headphones using these speakers.
- Their minute size makes these speakers not so suitable to use with a desktop and more with a laptop. It is ENTIRELY down to you, however, if you want to use these speakers with your desktop.
- These speakers won’t pump out sound as high quality as studio speakers, nor will the volume be as loud either; they are only suitable for small rooms.
Looking past their drawbacks, however, the Z120’s are a very worthy set of budgeted speakers, and if you want better sound for your laptop than its basic default speakers, these are a set you should consider. But don’t take my word for it; there are plenty of positive reviews on Amazon for these speakers. If you want to see what other people have to say about these speakers, click below:
3 – Dell AX210 Speakers
The next pair of budget speakers on this list are going to be the AX210 speakers by Dell. Yet again, these are another pair of speakers which are perfect for users who are on a super tight budget and only want the cheapest way to listen to sound from their computers; another pair you should consider if you are on a budget as well.
One of my favourtie things about these speakers are how small they are. Though they AREN’T the smallest speakers on this list, their tiny figure is still perfect if you want a sound device that won’t take up a large section of your desk or wherever else you use your computer on.
Here are some other things that you will love about these speakers:
- USB and speaker jack connectors make these speakers VERY easy to install onto your desktop or laptop.
- The sleek design of the speakers make them very attractive to look at; they don’t look old and outdated and can match quite well with your just as sleek computer system.
- Their minute design won’t take up a lot of space on your worktop or wherever else you use your desktop or laptop. These can make these speakers great if you travel a lot and need something to play sound better than your default laptop speakers.
Like all things, however, these speakers aren’t without their cons:
- The small design of the speakers might not allow them to play music at a super loud level, so you shouldn’t expect their maximum volume to be very loud when you use them.
- The speakers won’t have high quality sound, so you shouldn’t expect them to pump out sound at a studio-level quality.
- There’s no headphone jack on these speakers, so unlike Trust’s Mila 2.0 speakers, you won’t be able to use any headphones or earbuds with these speakers.
No matter the cons, however, this pair of speakers are another which are very good for people on a tight budget, or whom simply want a cheap way to produce sound from their computer. These speakers have quite a lot of positive reviews on Amazon; click below to check them out and see what other people have to say:
4 – Logitech Z200 Speakers
The second set of speakers by Logitech on this list are going to be the Z200s. While slightly more costly than the Z120s, these speakers are the perfect budget desk speakers for your desktop, and a pair of speakers you should consider if you have spare space on your desk for them.
One of my favourite things about these speakers is their sleek design and how little space they take up. Their slim, but tall design will allow them to take up very little space on your desk.
Here are some other things about these speakers that you will love:
- Headphone jack at the front of the speaker can allow you to plug in headphones or earbuds into them. Perfect if you have a spare set of headphones lying around and you want to use them instead of the speakers.
- Bass adjusting tone wheel at the side of the main speaker can allow you to adjust the bass of the speakers. You can choose to have your sound be bassy or not.
- Simple volume adjuster at the front makes turning the volume up and down very easy and straightforward.
- The volume of these speakers can be very loud, which is an added bonus to speakers as highly budgeted as these.
Sadly, these too have their drawbacks:
- Size of the speakers may be too big and bulky to take around with you for your laptop, so they are generally more suitable to be used in your home only.
- Speakers require a mains socket to allow them to work, so they can’t simply be plugged into your PC via only a USB cable and used right away.
No matter their drawbacks, however, these speakers are by far one of the best budget speakers on the market today, and all the positive reviews on Amazon certainly shine some truth to that claim. Click below to see what other people have to say about these speakers:
5 – Trust Raina 2.1 Speakers
If you are on the market looking for a budget speaker and subwoofer set which gets the job done and delivers sound and bass at a decent quality, you should seriously consider Trust’s speakers and subwoofer set, Raina 2.1.
One of my favourite things about this set is how little actually needs doing to connect them to your desktop or laptop; just plug the USB cable into your machine, and presto majesto the speakers and subwoofer are ready and waiting to give you sound from a video you’re watching or a video game you’re playing.
If that wasn’t enough, you’ll like that it comes with:
- This set doesn’t require a power plug OR a plug socket to run; you simply plug the USB cable into your computer and they will be up and running. Perfect if you really don’t want to dilly-dally and get sound out as soon as possible.
- The sound is very decent for a USB speaker system, and the subwoofer can produce a pretty powerful and deep bass. These speakers are very superb if you want to create your very own cinema sound system at home.
- The size of the speakers and subwoofer are quite small, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a place to put them.
- Volume control and power switch on the back of the subwoofer should make changing the volume on the system super easy for you to do.
- The sleek design of the speakers and subwoofer make this set very nice to look at, and will fit quite well with any computer or room set up that you may have.
And here are the drawbacks to this speaker system:
- The cables from the speakers to the subwoofer are quite short, so you won’t be able to space them out very far away from each other. This set isn’t so great for you if you were looking to put these speakers in the corners of your room.
- Though the sound is pretty decent for a budget-based set like this, they WON’T give out sound with extreme levels of volume, so if you want a set to quite literally shake your room around and annoy your grouchy neighbours, you might want to look elsewhere.
- It is STILL a budget set of speakers and a subwoofer, so you need to remember that the sound quality won’t be the best that it can possibly be. If you are looking for crystal perfect sound, you won’t find it here.
Though they may have some potentially fatal drawbacks to some, you cannot deny that, for a budget-based set, these speakers and subwoofer are a HUGE bang for your buck, and the amount of positive reviews on Amazon certainly tell a similar story. Click below to see what other people have to say:
6 – Creative Inspire T10 Speakers
If you are looking for competent speakers which gives out quality sound, has easy to use controls and produces plenty of bass without the space needed for a bulky subwoofer, you should consider the Inspire T10 speakers by Creative.
While more pricey than the previous speakers, and lesser suitable for heavily budgeted setups, one thing about these speakers that I really love is how detailed the sound played out of these speakers are. These speakers will be able to pick up and play out the high frequency instruments in music such as strings and cymbals, something which the previous budget speakers had trouble doing.
If you liked that, you will love that these speakers come with:
- Easy to use volume control knob at the front of the main speaker to make changing the volume of the sound really easy and straightforward. Great if you want a song to play much louder, but you don’t want to waste precious time or energy to go to your computer to change the volume.
- Next to the volume is a tone knob which enables you to take control of the treble and bass of the speakers and the sound they ultimately play out. These speakers can save you a LOT of space as you won’t need to have a bulky subwoofer to make the sound bassy for you.
- Speakers are magnetically shielded, so there won’t be any electrical interference of any kind with your monitor display.
- The speakers have a headphone jack which will allow you to connect your headphones to the speakers and use them instead.
- You will be able to play music from your computer, notebook and even your MP3 player with these speakers thanks to the AUX In connector built into the speakers alongside the headphone jack.
Even these speakers have their downsides, however:
- Though the sound is very detailed in these speakers, the maximum volume may not be loud enough for larger rooms, so you won’t be able to use these speakers properly for a party or for an accurate cinema experience.
- Even though these speakers can deliver bass into your sound, PROPER subwoofers will ALWAYS be better if you want proper, house-shaking bass in your sound; look elsewhere if you want your walls to literally crumble down by your favourite song.
Many people on Amazon have given these speakers highly positive reviews however, so no matter their drawbacks many people would absolutely consider these speakers. Click below to see what people have to say about them:
7 – Tibo Plus 3 Bluetooth Speakers
If you are on the market for great bluetooth speakers which do the job REALLY well, AND don’t require any wires at all to function, the Plus 3 bluetooth speakers by Tibo are speakers that you should consider. The reason I say this is because they are bluetooth, which as you know is essentially a wireless technology standard which allows tech to connect to each other without the need of any wires.
One of my favourite things about these speakers is that it comes with a remote control. You will be able to change the volume, increase / decrease the bass; pause and change tracks, and mute the sound altogether with this remote, which makes these speakers pretty awesome and can save you a lot of time and energy instead of doing those same things from your computer.
Here are some other things about these speakers that you may love:
- Completely wireless, so you won’t have to untangle any hidden knots or encounter any limited wire length with these speakers. You can have them at either corner of your room and they will still work.
- Speakers can produce plenty of powerful bass without the need of any bulky or large subwoofer. These speakers are great if you don’t have the space for a large subwoofer anywhere inside your house.
- Speakers can be used with not just your computer, but also with your MP3 player or mobile phone. This is great if you want better sound than your phone’s speakers would produce.
- Speaker also have a USB input, so you will be able to charge your phone or tablet with these speakers.
Of course, these speakers have cons too:
- These speakers AREN’T budget-oriented, and they will cost you quite a lot of money to buy.
- The colour of the speakers are only black, so you won’t be able to have these speakers in, for example, red or blue.
- The bass from these speakers ultimately won’t be as strong or ground-shaking as a proper subwoofer, so you will have to look elsewhere if you want to feel the vibrations of sound on your floor.
As you can see, however, these speakers have a lot going for them. Many people on Amazon and other websites have given these speakers high praise. Click below to see what the users of Amazon have to say about these speakers:
8 – Audioengine A2+ Powered Speakers
The A2+ Powered speakers by Audioengine are a pair of highly sophisticated speakers which should be one of your biggest considerations if you are on the market looking for a pair of VERY competent speakers for either your computer, TV or MP3 player as a few examples.
One of my favourite things about these speakers, not including the wide range of devices you can use them on, are the colours that these speakers can come in. The 3 colours they can be shipped to you in – red, white and black – all make these speakers very nice to look at, and can easily be paired up with your computer setup.
Here are some other things about these speakers that you will love:
- You will be able to use these speakers with your computer directly by using a USB cable. You will be able to have high quality sound with your computer.
- The speakers have an output which can enable you to connect a subwoofer to them, so if you would like your sound to be a lot more bassy and to literally thunder through your floor and walls, you will be able to do so quite easily.
- Using an optional Audioengine W3 adapter, you will be able to use these speakers wirelessly, and not have to face the hassle of cables or too many limitations on where you will ultimately place them inside your home.
- Easy to use volume changer on the back end of the main speaker to allow you to easily change the volume of the sound. This can be useful if you want to quickly lower the volume of a surprisingly loud song, but don’t want to go through the trouble of going to your computer or MP3 player options to do so, for example.
Of course, these speakers aren’t without their downsides:
- These speakers cost a LOT of money, so if you are looking for a more budget-friendly set of speakers to give you sound from your computer, you should probably look at the cheaper speakers on this list.
- Though these speakers are able to have a bit of bass to them, you will need a proper subwoofer if you want to experience true bass with your sound.
Nevertheless, these speakers are a very great way to bring out sound to your computer or any other device you may use them for, such as your mobile phone or MP3 player. Many people on Amazon have given these speakers an overwhelmingly positive rating, too. Don’t take my word on it, however; click below to see what people have to say about them:
9 – Ruark Audio MR1 Mk2 Bluetooth Speakers
If you are on the market for a pair of speakers to connect to your computer wirelessly, but also want them to be small enough to fit well with your laptop, AND you want to take them around with you everywhere you go as well, you must consider the MR1 Mk2 bluetooth speakers by Ruark Audio.
One of my favourite things about these speakers, not including their wireless bluetooth technology, is how small they are. Unlike other speakers which are usually quite bulky and take up a lot of room on your desk, these are the perfect size to use with your laptop as both together won’t take up so much space on your desk, bed, or wherever else you use your laptop on.
If that wasn’t enough, you will also like that:
- Speakers are small enough to take them around with you wherever you go. These speakers are perfect for you if you have a laptop and do a lot of traveling, but want a pair of great speakers to go with your laptop to give you sound at a high level of quality.
- The sound quality of these speakers are very detailed and clean. You will be able to hear things in your sound and songs which would not have been picked up by other, cheaper speakers.
- An improved version of the original MR1 speakers, these speakers have a fresh new look in their design, and have also been updated to have better sound and connectivity than the previous version speakers.
- Main speaker can switch to mono operation if you only wish to use one of them. This makes these speakers extra portable, and can easily allow you to take either both of them or just the main one with you wherever you go.
The ONLY downside for these speakers is their price; they DEFINATELY AREN’T budget-orientated, so you will need to check out the Plus 3 speakers by Tibo if you want a more affordable bluetooth speaker set.
Other than that, these speakers are some to consider if you want a bluetooth set which VASTLY improves the sound of your music and video games. There are only a few reviews on Amazon for these speakers, but every single one of them have given these speakers 5/5 stars, so they must be doing things right. Click below to see what they have to say about the speakers:
10 – KEF EGG Bluetooth Speakers
The last speakers on this list are going to be the uniquely designed EGG bluetooth speakers made by KEF. These are great speakers to consider if you want small, and wireless speakers for your phone or tablet, and a worthy set of USB-powered wired speakers for your desktop or laptop as well.
One of my favourite things about these speakers, minus their unique and quite humorous shape, is that they contain KEF’s very own UNI-Q driver array which delivers sound at an astonishing level of quality, and brings out sound which cannot be matched by other speakers on the market.
If that wasn’t enough, you will love that it also comes with:
- You will be able to use these speakers with your TV, and thanks to the great sound quality you will find that they will greatly outperform the speakers from your TV, plus their small size will allow you to easily find some extra space for them.
- Remote control allows you to quickly and easily change the volume of the speakers, change the song of the playlist the speakers are currently playing, and pause / play any playlist song as well. This is so much easier than messing around with your phone or MP3 player and doing those things from there.
Of course, even these unique speakers have their downsides that need to be addressed:
- They are incredibly expensive; the most priciest pair of speakers on this list. They are certainly not for people on a budget who are looking for speakers that won’t have a heavy impact on their bank account.
- A lot of people say that these speakers mysteriously go to sleep when they aren’t being used for more than 10 minutes or so. If you don’t listen to music or play games for a while, you may find the speakers to be taking a sneaky nap which may be highly inconvenient to many.
- Though sound may be very high in quality, the maximum volume isn’t very loud, so these speakers aren’t very suitable for you if you are thinking of have sound at a cinema-level of loudness.
These speakers then are like a game of Russian roulette; they cost quite a lot of money, and may or may not be loud enough for you, or they may even fall asleep on you if you aren’t playing anything in a specific amount of time.
While the majority of Amazon reviews are positive, there are quite a few which rate them lower than positive. Click below to see what people have to say about these speakers:
And that marks the end of this post! Thank you so much for reading, and if you have any questions or have a set of speakers which you think I should review, then comment down below in the comments section. 🙂
Once again, thank you so much for checking this out, and I wish you all the best. 🙂